Changing the Game: How Business Innovations Reduce the Impact of Disasters
Businesses have a vital role to play in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. Changing the Game: How Business Innovations Reduce the Impact of Disasters, explores how businesses have reduced the impact of disasters around the world.
At the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, we believe that businesses are part of the solution to society’s challenges. This year’s disaster case study report, Changing the Game: How Business Innovations Reduce the Impact of Disasters, is about just that—attempting to solve a challenge that no one thinks they will ever face but that adversely affects too many people every year. Topics featured in the report include:
- Stories of Those Impacted
- The System: How Companies Are Plugging into the Broader Disaster Structure
- Overcoming Challenges
- Beyond Cash Solutions
- Employee Engagement: How Can It Be Most Effective?
Access the full report to learn how the private sector is reducing the impact of disasters by leveraging their expertise, resources, and partners. The report features best practices from leading companies including UPS, Capital One, State Farm, IBM, Office Depot Foundation, and more.This case study report is the second in a series by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center. Explore our case study publications.
In addition to the full report PDF, we'll be featuring each article on our Blog, available here:
- U.S. Chamber Foundation: Changing the Game: How Business Innovations Reduce the Impact of Disasters
- State Farm: Community Helps Students Get Back to Class After a Tornado Destroys Their School
- Citi: How Citi Connects for Success
- Target: Preparing Next Generation Emergency Managers Ahead of the Curve
The views expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, or its affiliates.