Women in Business Spotlight on Lori Blaker
As President/ CEO of TTi Global, Lori Blaker leads an expanding workforce which currently staffs over 2000 employees on five continents with offices spanning the globe including; Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, India, Japan, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Thailand, Venezuela, UK and most recently Afghanistan.
Recently, Blaker has expanded TTi Global’s role in emerging markets by building agreements among government, higher education and manufacturers to upgrade training programs, include a successful workforce development program in Mexico. Last year, Lori was a part of the first ever US Department of Commerce trade mission to Afghanistan.
Under her leadership, TTi Global has experienced an unprecedented 263 percent growth in the past five years. Blaker leads by example and she and TTi Global continue to receive recognition for her business achievements, including:
- TTi Global has ranked as one of the fastest growing private companies in America (according to Inc. Magazine) and in 2012 the company earned a position on the coveted Inc. Magazine’s 5000 list for the second year.
- Blaker was recognized by the Women Presidents' Organization at the 2012 International Conference by making their list of The Top Fastest-Growing Women-Led Companies in North America.
- In 2012, Leadership Oakland recognized her with the “Leader of Leaders” Leadership Award from Leadership Oakland.
- TTi Global has ranked as one of Michigan's fastest growing privately-held companies (as recognized by Crain's Detroit in 2010 and 2011.)
- Lori received the "Enterprising Women of the Year Award" from the prestigious Enterprising Women magazine in 2010.
- TTi Global also ranks consistently among the "Top 25 Woman-Run Businesses in the USA" as recognized by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council.
- In 2010, from the prestigious Enterprising Women magazine recognized Lori with the "Enterprising Women of the Year Award".
- Ernst & Young named her a "2008 Entrepreneur of the Year". Lori received the "Enterprising Women of the Year Award" from the prestigious Enterprising Women magazine in 2010.