Women Entrepreneurs are OPEN for Business
October 2, 2013
Center for Women in Business
It’s Wednesday, here’s what’s making news this week:
- A recent study by American Express OPEN revealed that 59% of small businesses owned by women expect to see growth in the next six months, a good sign for others seeking to follow in their paths. Of those women, 74% reported starting from scratch and 77% said they’re excellent in one area of expertise.
- Do you have the habits of top women business leaders? Read what some of the best are doing at the top of their companies here.
- Focus. Time management. These are two examples of skills productive female entrepreneurs possess. To get into their mindset, read the full list here.
- If you’re looking for a female role model, look no further than Kay Kolpovitz. Kolpovitz is the founder of USA Network, and the first female president of a major network. Read more about her, including some of her advice for fellow women, here.
- The automobile business has yet to see a female CEO of a major company, but General Motor’s current CEO sees a change on the horizon. Dan Akerson believes it’s inevitable that a woman will soon lead a top company, and even suggesting it may be his own successor. The reason? “An unbelievable amount of talented women in automotive,” according to Akerson.
What have you been reading? Let us know in the comments.