Business Corps: A Snapshot of Real Impact
BCLC’s newest partnership tool, Business Corps, combines a collaborative, multi-company network with skills-based volunteer opportunities to become a catalyst to address social challenges. Over the past year, Business Corps members -- Alcoa, Amadeus, Dow Chemical Company, Greif International, HP, IBM, Merck, Motorola, Tupperware Brands -- have been working in Rio de Janiero, Brazil, with three non-profit partners: CDI, Bola Pra Frente and Saúde Criança.
Below are just a few of the Business Corps members’ projects and their valuable results:
- Established a new cloud storage service allowing broad sharing of essential files which were previously inaccessible. Included a 250% to 1,150% storage increase and process changes to streamline communications.
- Merged all staff email accounts into a single system, which improved organizational efficiency by 200% and increased disc space by 25,500% (100MB to 25GB).
- Started development on a new online donations platform, which is increasing program awareness and simplifying the receipt of international donations.
- Held over 20 language lessons with the Executive Director and staff, allowing them to successfully host new international delegations and establish better relationships in Europe.
- Completed a comprehensive IT diagnostic that established a framework to streamline complex server and account updates.
Last month BCLC issued the One Year Impact Report, highlighting the full breadth of the Business Corps members’ key experiences and impact. Are you interested in effecting change with Business Corps members in Rio? I'd like to hear from you, so email me to learn about partnership opportunities in 2013.
Photo provided by Saúde Criança