Governor Bob McDonnell
Patrick M. Byrne
Join the conversation on Twitter using #icwhelpwanted
Here are the facts:
- Approximately 90% of the jobs in the fastest-growing occupations require some level of postsecondary education and training.
- Once first in the world, the United States now ranks 10th in the percentage of young adults with a college degree.
- Eighty to ninety million adults today, about half of the workforce, do not have the skills required to acquire or advance in jobs that pay a family-sustaining wage.
- There are more than 3.4 million jobs in the United States that remain unfilled due to an unskilled workforce.
Join us for the 2012 HELP WANTED conference on September 20 in Washington, D.C. for a robust conversation on how America is addressing the skills gap crisis. This exciting one day conference will bring together business leaders, policy makers, and innovative education organizations to discuss a wide variety of issues throughout postsecondary education and the workforce.
Learn about topics like:
- Innovation in higher education
- States that are serious about reform
- Highly skilled talent crisis
- Rebuilding workforce development
- And many more