Join BCLC and Irene Hirano Inouye, President of the U.S.-Japan Council—a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening U.S.-Japan relations—for a panel on Japan’s recovery from the devastating earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
Ms. Hirano Inouye has taken a leadership role in supporting Japan’s recovery after the Great East Japan Earthquake and strengthening cultural and economic ties between the U.S. and Japan.
Space is limited to 30 participants. Register now and learn more about how you can be more involved in Japan’s ongoing recovery.
Selected topics include:
- Current status of Japan’s recovery and what more needs to be done
- Discussion on the TOMODACHI Initiative’s creation and current efforts
- Asia-Pacific Disaster Risk Reduction Network
- Lessons learned about working with multilateral stakeholders and foreign governments on disaster response
- How the region is emphasizing disaster resilience more as a result of the earthquake
We are also looking for feedback from participants on how they are engaged in the recovery, and what can be done to improve the process.