The Role of Business in Shaping the City of Tomorrow
More than 50% of the world's seven billion people now live in cities. Businesses are doing amazing things in terms of mobility solutions, smart grids, energy and water infrastructure, building design, regional integration, and innovative financing solutions for capital investment.
The Role of Business in Shaping the City of Tomorrow examines how businesses are contributing to the evolving urban environment through their operating activities and investments and specifically through commercializing innovations and technology. This report is the third in BCLC's year-long series "The Role of Business."
The report features some of the foremost corporate thought leaders on urban development including Siemens, ARAMARK, Daimler and Veolia Water.
In addition to the full report PDF, we'll be featuring each article on our website, available here:
- BCLC: How Business Is Shaping the City of Tomorrow
- Groupon: Nurture Positive Change in Your Own Backyard: The Importance of Small Businesses
- Veolia Water: A Sustainable Water Solution for the City of Tomorrow
- car2go: Reimagining Mobility in the City of Tomorrow
- PNC: Improving Prospects for Children in Underserved Communities
- ARAMARK: Community Centers and ARAMARK Putting People to Work
Release Date: September 2012