- An employer-led approach to stronger earn and learn pathways, in partnership with the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
- A road map for incorporating stronger earn and learn pathways into new public-private education and workforce systems with quality assured and risk managed.
Clearer Signals: Building an Employer-Led Job Registry for Talent Pipeline Management
- Proposes to develop and pilot test an employer-led job registry service that can assist employers and their HR technology partners.
- Outlines how the job registry could be developed and organized.
- Explains why the time is right for this approach to be pilot tested.
- Expands on the work of the 2014 white paper, Managing the Talent Pipeline: A New Approach to Closing the Skills Gap.
- Shows how key practices in supply chain management can inform employer action in organizing and managing the talent pipeline.
- Examines the challenge and need for a “demand-driven” system.
- Introduces supply chain management and explores key lessons that inform how employers can improve their partnerships with education and workforce providers.
- Identifies three foundational principles for a new talent pipeline management system.
- Highlights implications for key stakeholders, including employers, education and workforce providers, students and workers, and policymakers.
- Provides an overview of TPM and lessons learned from supply chain management in supplier quality assurance and certification.
- Presents two approaches for expanding the employer role in higher education accreditation.
- Presents a roadmap for developing an independent, employer-driven system.
- Addresses implications for scaling and sustaining this new approach.
Analyzing Talent Flow: Identifying Opportunities for Improvement
- Defines Talent Flow Analysis as a process for describing and analyzing the flow of workers into and out of a targeted set of jobs that are most critical for the competitiveness of employers and the region in which they do business.
- Explains the talent flow analysis approach and tees up the “how to” steps for public-private economic and workforce development initiatives to implement talent flow analysis.