Since the beginning of 2020, FedEx has transported 1,600+ humanitarian aid shipments globally through its collaboration with Direct Relief, International Medical Corps, The American Red Cross, Heart to Heart International, ASPCA, Feed America and The USO. Weighing over 190 US tons, these shipments with FedEx's nonprofits have included more than 5.5 million masks, more than 1.5 million pieces of personal protective equipment such as gowns and gloves, bio-med products, 41 medical shelters, more than 204 thousand boxes for food banks and more. Some highlighted shipments include:
- Delivered over 2,000 hygiene kits and 1,600 bottles of hand sanitizer to underserved communities in Los Angeles and Memphis from Heart to Heart International.
- Delivered 375,000 masks from China to Mexico, Peru and Ecuador.
- Collaborated with International Medical Corps (IMC) to deploy 41 medical shelters to Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Detroit and Puerto Rico to provide additional support assisting frontline providers in the management of patient flow and treatment.
- Teamed up with Direct Relief in delivering shipments of masks, gloves and disinfectant wipes to 1,000 community health centers and free clinics in all 50 U.S. states.
- Transported 3 million masks from China for Direct Relief. Direct Relief has distributed these mask to federally qualified health centers and hospitals in the areas with the most significant public health need, including underserved and vulnerable populations. A portion of the masks were also directed to the emergency management agencies for front line responders
- Collaborated with International Paper team to deliver over 200,000 food bank boxes to local food banks through Feeding America. These local food banks will utilize the boxes to help provide/distribute meals for seniors, students and others who are in need during this crisis.
FedEx continues to work closely with its nonprofits to support essential workers and those in need all over the world as we all battle COVID-19. This work is part of the FedEx Cares “Delivering for Good” initiative, lending its expertise to mission-critical nonprofits to provide relief and healing to communities. For additional information, please go to https://fedexcares.com/ or https://www.fedex.com/en-us/coronavirus.html
Those shipments combined make up (as of 5.5.20):
- 650+ Pallets
- 190+ US Tons
- $4 + million Value
- N95 masks – 5,597,459
- Surgical masks – 232,775
- Coveralls – 23.662
- Medical Gowns – 19,700
- Face Shields/Goggles – 52.914
- Gloves – 1.032,500
- Shoe covers – 9,000
- Hand Sanitizer – 1,600
- Caps – 25,000
- Disinfectant Wipes Packs- 1,000
- Medical Shelters - 41
- Hygiene Kits /Care Kits - 20,140
- Bio Med Units – 9.841
- Food Bank Boxes/USO2GO – 204,520