6 Surprising Facts about Car Batteries You Probably Didn’t Know
Countless features of the average car rely on its battery, leading to hundreds of thousands of car batteries needing to be replaced each day. Here are six facts about the car battery you probably didn’t know:
- Materials in vehicle batteries are the most recycled consumer product in the world.
- Johnson Controls processes 8,000 batteries every hour of every day.
- 99% of a typical vehicle battery can be repurposed, saving 90% of energy and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Using recycled materials reduces volatility and cost, as well as ensures a significantly lower environmental footprint.
- Recycling batteries is not only the sustainable choice, but it is also the responsible choice. All batteries use materials that could cause harm if not properly managed, so it is important that consumers minimize risk by recycling these materials to make new batteries.
- It’s super easy to recycle your own car battery. You can find the nearest recycling location here.
Now you must be wondering, how does all of this even happen?
At Johnson Controls, they are committed to designing, making, transporting and recycling batteries in the safest, most sustainable way. Here’s a short video that explains it all: