These publications have built the foundation for the strategic approach that we take towards supporting the needs of the workforce of today and laying a strong foundation for the future of education and the workforce of tomorrow.
Essential Care for Essential WorkersPublished: 2021
- Presents a roadmap for senior leaders to understand what options are available to address childcare needs for frontline working parents, primarily working shifts during non-traditional hours.
- Includes information about what to expect on the journey and how to put strategies into action for their business.
- Highlights how industries with frontline workers could see immediate benefits by providing quality childcare support to their shift-based employees.
COVID-19 Impact on ChildcarePublished: 2020
- Examines how the pandemic's impact on childcare has evolved, understand the impact of COVID-19 on childcare observed over time.
- Highlights how the COVID-19 public health crisis has had a devastating effect on the childcare industry.
- Understand how the pandemic has underscored the essential nature of childcare for working parents, the larger workforce, and the economy.
- Research magnifies how COVID-19 has changed the business and talent landscape, and how employers have had to re-think childcare assistance, benefits, and accommodations in these unique times.
Untapped PotentialPublished: 2020
- Identifies how much breakdowns in childcare cost each of the four states studied: Iowa, Idaho, Mississippi, Pennsylvania.
- Provides an economic analysis on how the total Untapped Potential numbers add up.
- Explores the causes of childcare challenges as well as the motivations behind why parents select various childcare providers.
- Catalogues the types of childcare benefits working parents desire most from employers in each state.
- Shares stories from working parents to highlight the unique challenges each state faces in solving its childcare crisis.
Building BridgesPublished: 2019
- Identifies shared key messages, what advocates and business leaders consider to be the most effective language for building successful lasting partnerships.
- Outlines the most common and compelling data-driven cases for why businesses should engage in early childhood education conversations.
- Profiles case studies of successful partnerships and their impact.
- Makes the case for partnership between the business leaders and early education advocates.
The Mounting Cost of Childcare in Washington StatePublished: 2019
- Key findings from a 2019 survey of Washington parents by Elway Research and an economic impact analysis by Eastern Washington University’s Institute for Public Policy and Economic Analysis.
- A snapshot and economic impact analysis of how childcare challenges affect Washington state’s economy.
- The estimated direct costs of turnover and missed work due to childcare issues in Washington.
Leading the Way ToolkitPublished: 2018
- Resources to enable the business community to advance access to high-quality, affordable childcare.
- Key facts and a template to create an elevator speech on childcare.
- A tactical guide with checklists and tangible ways that the business community can make an impact.
- Case studies that illustrate best practices and lessons learned for how to engage.
Published: 2017 Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow
- Makes the business case for early learning policies as part of the nation's economic development agenda.
- Provides data about education investment, brain development, education gaps, and the changing face of our workforce.
- Highlights critical information about the childcare industry and its role in state economies.
- Outlines 10 things that the business community can do to advance access to high-quality childcare.