In partnership with the Carlisle Barracks Employment Readiness and Transition Program and Military Family Programs, Hiring Our Heroes is hosting a two-day event for military spouses to include employment workshops and a networking reception.
Day one kicks off with an intimate panel discussion and Q&A addressing issues related to military spouse employment. Following the panel discussion, job seekers will learn personal branding techniques, including how to stand-out in a crowd with the perfect elevator pitch and how to build a top-notch resume with HOH & Toyota’s Career Spark tool, designed specifically for military spouses.
On day two, job seekers will learn how to utilize LinkedIn in their employment search and effectively negotiate salary and benefits with potential employers. Spouses with an entrepreneurial spirit will learn how to launch a small business or elevate an already existing company. To top it all off, job seekers are invited to participate in a networking luncheon with employers and local employment-focused organizations.
This event is open and FREE to all military spouses, employers, and service organizations. Service members and veterans are also welcome. Lunch will be provided on both days to those who register for the event.
Wednesday, March 22
9:15 a.m. - 3 p.m. Employment Workshops
Thursday, March 23
9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Employment Workshops & Networking Luncheon
This two-day event will provide:
- Targeted employment curriculum designed to help military spouses in their career search and professional development
- Opportunities to engage with employers, community leaders, local professionals, and senior military spouses
- Access to valuable contacts and career advice from industry professionals
- A Career Spark demonstration, showing military spouses how to build a skills-based resume
- Career resources and tools from our non-profit partners
► Click here to register for this two-day event.
For general questions about Hiring Our Heroes, please visit our FAQ page or email swilliams@USChamber.com<