As Hurricane Florence approaches the East Coast, and as other storms continue to develop, join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation for an update with The Weather Channel and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. This briefing is being provided to the private sector and potentially-impacted communities. Speakers include:
- Marc DeCourcey, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Rob Glenn, Director, Private Sector Division, FEMA, Department of Homeland Security
- Stu Ostro, Senior Director of Weather Communications, Senior Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
As of September 11, Hurricane Florence was a category 4 storm with a projected path that could severely impact parts of North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina.
The Chamber Foundation is here to support communities as they prepare for and recover from Hurricane Florence.
- Prepare Now: Your Business and Hurricane Florence
- Seven Ways Your Chamber Can Prepare for Hurricane Florence
- Disaster Help Desk for Business—Businesses and chambers can call 1-888-My-Biz-Help for direct support from disaster recovery experts.
- Resilience in a Box—Developed in partnership with the UPS Foundation, this guide helps educate business leaders on disaster preparedness and business resilience.
- Disaster Recovery Quick Guides—made possible by Shell, has tailored tips for small businesses and chambers looking to prepare and recover.