The aftermath of Hurricane Irma has led to severe damage to homes and businesses, displaced families and individuals, and left numerous fatalities in the region. In the wake of disasters such as these, a multi-sector response effort is critical.
Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center for a coordination call this Friday, September 15 @ 1:00 p.m. ET to discuss the areas impacted by Hurricane Irma.
Hear from companies, NGOs, and multilateral organizations about the response and recovery plan in the impacted areas, current humanitarian efforts in place, and what your company can do to help.
Confirmed organizations speaking include:
- Alex Amparo, Assistant Administrator of the Recovery Directorate, FEMA, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Tony Carvajal, Executive Vice President, Florida Chamber Foundation
- Carol Chastang, Public Affairs Specialist, Office of Communications and Public Liaison, Office of the Administrator, United States Small Business Administration
- Marc DeCourcey, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Rob Glenn, Director, Private Sector, FEMA, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Lee Martin, Vice President, Collaboration, Support and Operations, Habitat for Humanity International
- Brooks Nelson, Director, Global Resilience, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Steve Smith, Executive Director, Airlink
- Kristin Wright, Associate Director, Field Operations, Disaster Risk Reduction & Response, Habitat for Humanity International
To listen or download the full audio from the Hurricane Irma coordination call, click here:
The Help Desk is Here
Was your business impacted by Hurricane Irma? Are you looking to help in the recovery efforts? The Disaster Help Desk is here to help you. Call (1-888-my-biz-help) or email the Help Desk to receive personalized advice and guidance in navigating the recovery process.