TPM Academy National Cohort XII, Meeting #1
TPM Academy Cohort XII is a combination of in-person and online trainings where workforce leaders from across the country come together over a six-month period to develop TPM solutions that will support the students, workers, and businesses in their community.
The application window for this Cohort has closed.
- All participants in the TPM Academy are required to commit to attend the three in-person meetings held in Washington, D.C. in February, May, and July.
- The TPM Academy also includes four webinars, each one-hour in length, tentatively scheduled for the months of February, March, June, and August.
Tuition for the TPM Academy is $3,000 per person.
- The tuition cost does not include travel and lodging expenses. All participants will be responsible for covering their own travel and lodging expenses for all meetings.
- Some previous TPM Academy cohort members have funded their participation through employer sponsorships, whether a personal employer, organization committed to your success in the program, or grant support from within the state or community.
- This tuition covers the cost of your registration at the annual Talent Forward national workforce conference.
Before You Apply
- The application window opened Monday, November 4
- Applications were due on December 13, 2019. The application window is now closed.
- All accepted applicants will be notified of their acceptance by January 6, 2020
To be eligible to participate in the TPM Academy National Cohort XII, the following are required:
- A written statement of support from your CEO (or board chair, if you are the CEO) to fully participate in the TPM Academy.
- Your commitment to attend all in-person trainings, as listed above, in their entirety and be fully present.
- A payment of tuition in the amount of $3,000.
- Acknowledgement of responsibility to arrange and finance all travel and lodging.
The application to participate in the TPM Academy National Cohort XII consists of a statement of commitment from the applicant, general contact information, and a few short answer questions related to interest and involvement in the space thus far.
Because there is no ability to save your work once you begin the application process, we strongly encourage you to prepare your documents and answers to the application questions in advance.
The program is limited to 30 participants. Selection will be prioritized for those who are most committed to using the TPM Academy experience to close the skills gap in their communities and who are best positioned to benefit from the TPM Academy curriculum and toolset.
Applications will be evaluated using a scoring rubric reviewed by a panel of peers covering four main areas:
1. Organization suitability to improve community’s skills gap challenge
- The application shows an understanding of the skills gap challenge and the impact on the applicant’s community.
- This should include information on how the community, or the applicant’s organization, has responded to the skills gap to date.
2. Demonstrated understanding of the TPM methodology
- The applicant clearly demonstrates awareness of the TPM framework.
- The application effectively demonstrates how they will leverage TPM and their participation in the TPM Academy to address their community’s skills gap challenge.
3. Feasibility of taking action
- The application includes activities and outcomes that are well-stated, manageable, appropriate, comprehensive, and have every reasonable expectation of being completed.
4. Strength of partnerships
- The applicant outlines an effective use of partner organizations including participation from employers (or employer organizations), education and training providers, public-sector partners, etc.
- Proposed partnerships are appropriate to meet the objectives of implementing a TPM project.
We welcome professionals from the following organization types to apply to attend:
- State and local chambers
- Business associations
- Economic development agencies
- Small, medium, and large-sized businesses
- Education and training providers