Global Economic Empowerment: Private Sector Solutions at Each Stage of Development
Everyday, businesses work to empower individuals and entire communities around the world. Our latest report,Global Economic Empowerment: Private Sector Solutions at Each Stage of Development, explores how businesses are creating a better world through empowerment.
At the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, we believe that businesses are part of the solution to society's challenges. This year's economic empowerment case study report shows that businesses have a crucial role to play in building prosperous communities. The report includes chapters on:
- Advancing Beyond the Base of the Pyramid
- Fostering Entrepreneurship and Diverse Supply Chains
- Job and Life Skills Training for New Markets
- Making Impact through Innovative Partnerships
The report features best practices from leading companies including Amway, Gap Inc., Intel, Microsoft, Qualcomm and more. This case study report is the fourth in a series by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center.
In addition to the full report PDF, we'll be featuring each article on our Blog, available here:
- USCCF: Everyone Deserves a Chance to Build a Better Life
- Root Capital: Mobilizing Private Sector Investments Can Stabilize Vulnerable Supply Chains
- Kate Spade & Co.: Kate Spade & Co. is Working with Artisanal Suppliers—And Increasing Revenue
- Gap, Inc.: Gap Inc.'s Plan to Revolutionize Job Training in India
- Amway: "Fear of Failure" Won't Hold Entrepreneurs Back For Long
- Pearson Education: Can High-Quality Education be Affordable, and Effective, Too?
- Capital One Financial Corporation: The Small Business Ripple Effect
- PwC: Elevating Prosperity Requires a Broad Suite of Solutions
The views expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, or its affiliates.