Are you interested in joining the movement to drive community wellness? The Health Means Business Champions Network is an active, committed group of individuals and businesses who understand that community health and good business are intertwined. You can become a U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Health Means Business Champion by pledging to:
- Get involved. Take at least one action per month to increase the health and wellness of your business or community.
- Share your stories through the Health Means Business Champions Network.
- Grow the network. Engage others to take the pledge and join the movement towards community health.
Health Means Business Champions inspire us all, leading the creation of best practices and sharing what they know through the Health Means Business network so that others can learn from them. It is easy to connect with Health Champion Network activities, through local Chamber of Commerce wellness activities, or through the Health Means Business national outreach, including quarterly webinar trainings, social media, online networking opportunities and national in-person gatherings such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Summit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Health Means Business Champion Network?
The Health Means Business Champions Network is part of an exciting two-year commitment by the U.S. Chamber Foundation, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation — in conjunction with local, state and regional chambers — to foster business engagement in the wellness of American communities. The purpose of the Health Means Business Champions Network is to provide businesses with the tools and support to play an active role in improving your community’s health.
What is a Health Means Business Champion?
A Health Means Business Champion is a person, company, or group of people committed to taking on the challenge of building a healthy, prosperous community. Champions start by taking the Wellness Pledge and commit to take steps to build a culture of health locally as well as to share their stories with the network.
Champions can get involved in many different ways, including:
- Joining the online network and receive tips and tools via email
- Organizing a community event, such as a Health Means Business Forum
- Creating an institution dedicated to organizing state or local action on wellness, such as a wellness committee or council.
- And more!
What are the benefits of joining the Health Means Business Champion Network?
The Network provides tools and practical resources that enable businesses, chambers of commerce, and community stakeholders to become health champions, including:
- Wellness Pledge: Health Champions can show their commitment to making their communities healthier by taking the Champions Network Wellness Pledge. The pledge is the first step in the Champions Network and gives businesses, chambers of commerce, individuals, and community stakeholders access to practical resources, peer-to-peer networking, and more.
- Peer-to-Peer Sharing: The Champions Network encourages collaboration between communities and Health Champions around the country. Upon joining the network, Health Champions will have the opportunity to join other businesses, chambers of commerce, and community stakeholders in private online groups to share best practices and access practical tools to help improve the health in their communities.
- Online Resource Center: More than a simple listing of resources, the Online Resource Center includes up-to-date information on the national Health Means Business campaign and details how businesses, chambers of commerce, and community partners can take action to invest and engage in corporate and community health. The Online Resource Center addresses what it takes to build a healthy community where both people and businesses thrive, showcasing best practices from our Champions Network with easy to use tips, tools, and a Health Means Business Champions Handbook to help every community build a culture of health.
- Learning Modules. In-depth learning modules will help walk businesses and chambers of commerce through different ways to engage in community health. Modules include instruction on how to host a Health Means Business forum, become a Health Champion, and start a wellness committee at a company or a local chamber.
- Fast Tracks: Fast Tracks are quick and easy tips businesses and chambers of commerce can use right away. The first in the series focuses on ways businesses can create healthier workplaces.
How do I join the Network?
Start by taking the Wellness Pledge on the Champions Network homepage!
The U.S. Chamber Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation are two of America’s most respected non-profit organizations. What does it mean to be a Champion in this exciting movement to promote wellness in American communities?
Health Means Business Champions are enhancing health and economic prosperity in America. Champions are building workforces and communities that are happier, healthier, more productive, and better able to compete on the world stage. The Champions Network supports and nourishes the community wellness movement by empowering businesses to create healthier communities and accomplish our mission of a healthier America. Business and community leaders across the United States who are already building a culture of health know that making such investments is good for business and good for communities.
My community or business has done a lot of great work. How can we share our story?
We want to hear from you! First take the Wellness Pledge on the Champions Network homepage to join the Champions Network. You can share your story in our private Facebook Group for Champions, or email us with tips and ideas directly and we will share them with the network. Champions will also be able to participate in webinars where they can share their work and get feedback or advice from other network members.
How do I meet Champions in my community, or connect my local chamber to this campaign?
After you have taken the Wellness Pledge on the Champions Network homepage, you can join our private Facebook Group for Champions! This allows you to network directly with your peers across the country to learn how they are making their communities healthier.
You can also let your chamber staff know about the campaign and have them contact us. We have specific tools for chambers on how to engage with wellness activities in their communities.
I understand the Champions Network is a part of the Health Means Business campaign. Can you tell me more?
The Health Means Business Champions Network is part of an exciting two year commitment by the U.S. Chamber Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation — in conjunction with local, state and regional chambers — to foster business engagement in the wellness of American communities. Learn more about the Health Means Business Campaign.
I have a specific question and don’t see the answer on your resources page, can I connect with someone directly?
Contact us at email@example.com and we can help!