We focus on critical issues at the intersection of business and society.
Our strategic programming is designed to advance progress on the most pressing issues facing business and society. We invest our resources, time, and expertise to support the health and prosperity of our communities. Our focus areas include:
Community Resilience and Disaster Response
- Disaster Help Desk for Business: The Disaster Help Desk assists small businesses with disaster readiness, relief, and long-term recovery.
- Resilience in a Box: Developed in partnership with The UPS Foundation, Resilience in a Box educates business leaders on disaster preparedness and business resilience.
- Small Business Readiness for Resiliency (R4R) Program: Developed with founding sponsor FedEx, the R4R Program is a multi-year initiative to help small businesses prepare for a disaster and provides immediate relief funding for those prepared businesses when a disaster strikes their region..
- Corporate Aid Tracker: Our corporate aid tracker serves as the keeper of records for business response to disasters.
economic opportunity & Empowerment
- Coalition to Back Black Businesses: A grant-making initiative to provide financial assistance and long-term support for America’s Black-owned small businesses.
diversity and inclusion
- Incorporating Inclusion: A research and education initiative established to demonstrate the corporate and community value of LGBT-inclusive workplaces.
Sustainability and Circular Economy
- Beyond 34: Scaling Circularity for a Sustainable Economy: A multi-stakeholder effort to increase the U.S. recycling rate of 34%.
- Capital Equipment Coalition North America: Originally launched in Europe, the Capital Equipment Coalition North America aims to help companies in the North American capital equipment sector transition to a circular “make-use-reuse” model.
- Annual Corporate Citizenship Conference & Citizens Awards: The annual Corporate Citizenship Conference: Business Solves brings together cross-sector leaders at the forefront of purpose and innovation to examine how we can work together to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future for all. For 23 years, the Citizens Awards have honored the most accomplished social and community initiatives within the private sector, and the program is hosted in conjunction with the conference. Winners and finalists of the Citizens Awards are celebrated during the Corporate Citizenship Conference.
- International Women's Day Forum: Our International Women’s Day Forum highlights how the private sector, working with cross-sector partners, can narrow gender gaps in every aspect of society, redefine leadership, reconstruct workplaces, and drive equality of opportunity for women and girls around the world.
- Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships Conference: With support from our federal partners, the Building Resilience conference addresses the collaboration required among private, public, and nonprofit sectors to help mitigate the effects of all disasters and shape a resilient future that drives opportunity, prosperity, security, and advancement for all.