Developed through the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Incorporating Inclusion initiative, the LGBT Inclusion Hub for Small Businesses provides tools, resources, and best practices on LGBT inclusion in the workplace, as well as one-on-one expert assistance on how to foster LGBT-inclusive programs and policies. Read on to find helpful resources or fill out this form to receive one-on-one support for your LGBT-inclusion needs.
Get Educated about LGBT People and Issues
Why should employers care about diversity and inclusion?
- The Business Case for Diversity in the Workplace is Now Overwhelming (World Economic Forum)
How can employers better understand the LGBT community?
- Glossary of LGBTQ Terms (Out & Equal)
- What Does it Feel Like to Grow Up LGBT+? (Out Leadership)
- LGBT People in the Workplace: Demographics, Experiences and Pathways to Equity (Movement Advancement Project)
- Infographic: LGBT People with Disabilities (Movement Advancement Project)
- Report: Transgender People in Rural America (Movement Advancement Project)
- A New LGBTQ Workforce Has Arrived – Inclusive Cultures Must Follow (Boston Consulting Group)
- Racism in the LGBTQ Community (Out Leadership)
Enact NonDiscrimination and Other LGBT-Friendly Policies
What do employers need to know about laws that protect LGBT people from discrimination?
- What You Should Know: The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Protections for LGBT Workers (EEOC)
- Summary of Local Nondiscrimination Ordinances (Movement Advancement Project)
- Equality Maps: Know the Laws and Policies in Your State (Movement Advancement Project)
Build an Infrastructure to Support and Sustain LGBT Inclusion
How can employers create an LGBT-inclusive workplace?
- Guide: Strategies for Inclusion and How to Implement Successful Practices around Pronouns in the Workplace (Out & Equal)
- Best Practices for Non-Binary Inclusion in the Workplace (Out & Equal)
- Ally Guiding Behaviors for Employees (Out & Equal)
- Pride-Out-Of-The-Box: An ERG Guide to Celebrating Pride Virtually (Out & Equal)
- What LGBT Means and Best Practices for Queer Inclusivity (Out & Equal)
- The Power and Struggles of LGBTQ+ Women in the Workplace (Out Leadership)
- How to Celebrate Employees on Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV) and Year- Round (Out & Equal)
- Report: LGBTQ+ Allyship in the Workplace and the Impact of Remote Work (Out Leadership)
Understand The impact of COVID-19 on LGBT people
What should companies know when it comes to how the pandemic is impacting LGBT employees?
- LGBTQ Employees and the COVID-19 Pandemic (Out & Equal)
- Report: The Disproportionate Impacts of COVID-19 on LGBTQ Households in the U.S. (Movement Advancement Project)
- Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Still Matter in a Pandemic (Boston Consulting Group)
ADDITIONAL LGBT INCLUSION RESOURCES
- 10 Valuable Leadership Tips for LGBTQ professionals (Out Leadership)
- Find the Nearest LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce (National LGBT Chamber of Commerce)