Approximately 5.5 million military caregivers are currently providing care for the wounded veterans who have been injured while serving our country. In order to find better, meaningful, and flexible jobs for these men and women, Hiring Our Heroes created the Wounded Veteran and Caregiver Program (WVCP). The WVCP is mobilizing the business community and educating them on the unique employment needs of wounded veterans and caregivers.
Our growing program hosts:
Wounded Veteran and Caregiver Employment Conferences
- One-day events designed to help wounded veterans and caregivers find meaningful employment
- Workshops, group sessions, and one-on-one mentoring with HR experts
- Best practice forums for employers on hiring and accommodating wounded veterans and caregivers
- On-site informational interviews with employers
- Panel discussions focused on holistic solutions to caregiver employment challenges
- Access to private, public, and nonprofit organizations committed to providing caregiver support
- Networking receptions to allow caregivers to meet directly with employers and mentors in an informal setting
Case Management Program
Our program assists clients who are actively engaged in their own job search; assisting clients who need support knowing where to begin or a hand along the way! The WVCP Case Management Program can:
- Assist with resume revision and discuss networking, elevator pitch, and interview skills
- Keep you updated on HOH events and other local job fairs
- Assist with job search
- Assist with introductions to recruiters and hiring managers at partner companies
- Find local mentors or volunteers who will assist with mock interviews
- Assist with providing contacts for additional resources as needed.
Eligible clients include: Wounded, ill, or injured service members (including Active, Guard, and Reserve), disabled veterans (all eras, any disability percentage), military caregivers (all eras, spouse and non-spouse).
To sign-up or request more information, please reach out to Karen Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring Our Heroes has partnered with PsychArmor to educate employers on how to work confidently and effectively with military and veteran populations. PsychArmor provides free education and support to non-military Americans who work with, live with, or care for our veterans. Check out the videos in this 5 minute webinar series to learn more.
- The Invisible Wounds of War: Presented by Majorie Morrison, PsychArmor CEO & Founder.
- On Government Compliance OFCCP Guidelines: Presented by LTC Mike Grice, USMC (Ret.), PsychArmor COO.
- Military Leadership & How It Applies to the Corporate World: Presented by SgtMaj Mark O'Laughlin, USMC (Ret.).
If you have a question not answered above, please reach out to us at email@example.com.