The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the T3 Innovation Network are launching the JEDx initiative to develop a public-private approach for collecting and using standards-based jobs and employment data. This initiative builds on the Chamber Foundation’s Job Data Exchange (JDX) initiative, to promote public-private standards for job descriptions and postings, and the T3 Innovation Network’s Employment and Earnings Records Standards Project, to develop and use public-private standards for comprehensive employment and earnings records.
This initiative will develop a vision and roadmap for a public-private data collaborative that can improve the collection and use of standards-based jobs and employment data for public and private applications including:
- Employer Reporting to Federal and State Governments. Reducing costs and improving data quality in employer reporting to federal and state governments for program administration and economic statistics.
- Public and Private Workforce Analytics. Improving access and use of more comprehensive workforce analytics services for employers, learners/workers, and government agencies, including government labor market information and evidence-based policy and research.
- Learner/Worker Empowerment and Trusted Records. Empowering people to use their own verifiable employment and earnings records to apply for career and educational opportunities and government programs and benefits—building on the T3 Network’s Learning and Employment Record (LER) initiative.
Learn More about the Job Data Exchange and T3 Network Projects:
- The Job Data Exchange initiative promoted public-private standards for job descriptions and postings and explored applications for improved jobs data and promoting skills-based hiring.
- T3 Innovation Network’s Employment and Earnings Records Standards Project developed and used public-private standards for comprehensive employment and earnings records and explored applications for enhancing Unemployment Insurance (UI) wage records and improving federal and state reporting and labor market information.