Turning Inspiration into Action: Next Steps for the Private Sector to Empower Women Globally
On March 4, 2014 the U.S. Chamber Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center, Business Call to Action, and United Nations Office for Partnerships will celebrate International Women’s Day at the United Nations. This annual forum brings together leaders committed to the economic empowerment of women.
The data points have been given, the business case is there - now how do we collectively empower women and girls around the world? A vision, a commitment to action, and a will to build partnerships are all vital to reaching our desired results. In 2014, our annual International Women’s Day forum will expand upon 2013 and explore the catalytic role women play in the global economy. We will apply our inspiration and knowledge, discuss best practices, and examine actionable initiatives. The event will dive deep into the many challenges that women and girls still face in attaining economic independence with a strong focus on the solutions. The forum will also highlight the private sector’s role in these efforts and how companies and their partners are working to build a supportive ecosystem for women and girls all over the world. View the agenda here.
- Tupperware Provides Opportunity for Women Entrepreneurs in Frontier Markets
- Trash to Treasure: Women Entrepreneurs Help Pilot India’s First Citywide Recycling Program
- 5 Quotes From Women Who Are Changing the World
- Women’s Work Is the World’s Work
- Empowering Women for Business Growth
- How Elizabeth Vazquez Connects Women-Owned Businesses to Global Markets
- Women’s Economic Empowerment is Not Philanthropy
- High Impact Funds: Harnessing Collective Action for Good
- The Key to Successfully Banking the Poor: Start with Women
- Happening Now: Turning Inspiration into Action -- Annual International Women's Day Forum
- More than Just Dollars: The Potential of the Private Sector to Contribute to Women’s Health
- How Data Empowers Women
- How Qualcomm’s Angela Baker Changes Lives Through the Power of a Smart Phone
- 2013 - How Women's Economic Empowerment Strengthens Business
- 2012 - The Role of Business in Empowering Women
- 2011- Investing and Women & Entrepreneurship: Solutions to MDG 3
Learn more about the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center's work in Women's Economic Empowerment Issue Network.
For more information, please contact Kara Valikai.