January 20, 2016
Find a Sponsor, Not Just a Mentor
Here's what is making headlines this week:
- Lauren Leader-Chivée, co-founder and CEO of All In Together, which gives women tools to amplify their political voices, recommends women find sponsors, not just mentors. Find out why here.
- Gender gaps are closing slowly, but future industrial trends may see them widen again. Find out why in a new report from the World Economic Forum here.
- Women-owned businesses now make up nearly a third of all U.S. businesses, and the vast majority of these are one-person companies, the National Women’s Business Council finds. Learn more about the trends of women-owned businesses here.
- Sheila Penrose, chairman of Jones Lang LaSalle, explains how corporate chairmen can achieve more gender diversity on their boards and in the C-suite. Read more here.
- It is vital that women leaders and entrepreneurs find ways to get and stay inspired. Learn how here.