How Can You Join the Legacy?
What will it take for your Citizens Award nomination to be selected as the best? Review tips from past winners and judges as you complete your nomination and help your company join the ranks of other companies who have been recognized over the past 15 years.
We have divided the tips into two categories: one—knowing what to nominate and two—completing the nomination. See their thoughts below:
Knowing what to nominate
- Review the quality of the project based on its goals, metrics, and results.
- Analyze how well the project is integrated into the company’s mission and how it adds value back into the company.
- Instead of worrying about the size of project, consider the size of its impact.
- Include all types of contribution—financial, intellectual, employee, in-kind, etc.
- Emphasize how your whole company has integrated sustainability and corporate citizenship into its operations (for Best Corporate Steward Award )
Completing the nomination
- Be mindful of the word limits—tell your story succinctly.
- Ask fellow colleagues or others who are not as familiar with the project as you are if the nomination makes sense or if there are any gaps.
- Provide a narrative—telling a story which paints a picture can strengthen your nomination.
- Be candid. Let your passion come through. Judges appreciate honesty.
Ready to complete your nomination? Forms can be found here. There are also more tips within the nomination form. As always, the Corporate Citizenship Center staff is available to answer your questions at email@example.com or 202-463-3133. Best of luck, and we look forward to receiving your nomination by May 30!