Join us for a free hiring fair and transition summit for service members, veterans, and military spouses. This summit features key federal and state agencies, influential military leaders, innovators in the business and employer communities, and local community leaders.
This three-day transition summit will feature interactive and informative panel discussions, recruiter training, and facilitated discussions focused on improving competitive employment for service members, veterans, and military spouses. The summit will also include a networking reception for employers, military leaders, and job seekers, and will culminate in a hiring fair on the second day. Please scroll down for the full event agenda.
Employers: Learn how to make the most of these Transition Summits here.
► Employers, and Service Organizations: Click here to register.
► Job Seekers: Click here to register.
Why register? Job seekers can upload their resumes to be viewed by employers ahead of the event.
If you have any other questions, please visit our FAQ page.
► September 26 | Afterburner Military Transition Seminar
Each Military Transition Seminar is a strategic career planning experience designed specifically for exiting veterans and based on the nationally acclaimed veteran transition guide Down Range. Seminars are created and delivered by veterans who made the successful transition to civilian careers, and they include tactical job search skills that focus on the pathway to a civilian career as opposed to just a job.
Special registration is required for this event. Click here to register for the Afterburner Seminar.
► September 26 | Keeping a Career on the Move Military Spouse Symposium
This full-day professional development education symposium is designed especially for military spouses and is presented by MOAA Spouse Programs in partnership with the Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Program, with support from USAA. The event kicks off with Real Spouses, Real Stories, a panel and Q&A addressing issues related to military spouse employment. Following the panel discussion, attendees will learn how to stand out in a crowd with the perfect elevator pitch, how to build a top-notch resume, and how to utilize LinkedIn in their employment search. The event is FREE and open to all active duty, reserve, National Guard, retiree, veteran, and surviving military spouses, service members and veterans. A complimentary lunch is included.
► Military ID Card Holders. Registrants who are active military ID holders do not need to go through the installation access process.
► Exhibitors/Employers. If you do not have a military ID, you will need to go to the Visitor Center to get a pass for base access. To expedite the process, an advance registration is available, but all non-ID card holders will need to follow the installation access procedures below.
- Advance Registration. Joint Base Lewis-McChord is a security-controlled installation and has requested POC information for all summit attendees. Hiring Our Heroes will send POC information for all registered and approved employers to JBLM Base Security for the purposes of creating an Access Roster. All summit attendees MUST register ahead of time to be placed on the Access Roster. Please be sure all attendees have registered at hiringourheroes.org/events NO LATER THAN 5:00pm EST on Monday, 11 September 2017.
- Same-Day Registration. For those who do not submit information for the access roster by the deadline noted above, please arrive early on the day of the event to allow extra time for the screening process.
Installation Access Procedures for All Non-Military ID Card Holders (Advance & Same-Day Registrants)
Before you can access the base, you will need to go to the Visitor Center to get a pass. The Visitor Center for JBLM Lewis Main and Lewis North is located at Exit 120 off of I-5 near Liberty Gate. The hours are 0500 – 2200 daily. The phone number for the Visitor Center is 253-967-4794.
Real ID Requirements. Prior to your arrival at JBLM, visit the JBLM Visitor Center website. Scroll down to the bottom of the Visitor Information page to item 13 (Real ID Act) and click on the yellow-highlighted link that reads Click here for a list of acceptable documents to present along with a standard DL or ID Card issued by one of these states.
Documents Required for Access. ALL vendors must possess the following items or you will not be allowed access to the military installation or the Job Fair:
- You must present the following: Military Identification Card (Active, Reserve/Guard, Retiree ID); or Civilian/Contractor CAC Card OR non-military photo ID.
- Current state driver’s license.
- Current automobile registration or rental car contract.
- Current proof of automobile insurance or rental car contract.
- If your driver’s license, passport or other identification has expired or is no longer valid you WILL NOT be allowed to enter the post.
- As part of security measures on a military post your vehicle may be subject to inspection. Please cooperate with security and their mission.
(NOTE: All military installations and facilities reserve the right to refuse admittance to any installation or military facility. Hiring Our Heroes is not responsible for local installation policies and cannot grant access or override installation policies.)
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Our Service Member Transition Summits connect employers of every size and industry with talented veterans, service members, and military spouses through a series of town hall style panel discussions, networking receptions, employment workshops, and a Hiring Our Heroes hiring fair. For more information on our Service Member Transition Summits, click here.