BCLC and InterAction will hold a joint partnership forum on Thursday, May 31, 2012. The purpose of the forum will be to improve coordination between the business and NGO sectors before, during, and after international disasters.
The partnership forum will discuss the issues with NGOs that matter to business when responding to disasters. Conversely, the NGOs in the room will share priorities for effective response and recovery management. The ultimate goal of the forum is to streamline the process of working together to build resilience and achieve recovery after international disasters.
The first part of the day will consist of panels and presentations about:
• Successful international business-NGO partnerships
• International coordination mechanisms
• UN cluster system
• Information sources
The second part of the day will be discussion based, focused on the following topics:
• What other businesses and NGOs are looking for in partnerships
• Partnership and donation timing
• Aligning with coordination mechanisms already in place
• Improving existing coordination mechanisms
• Short term versus long term support (length of NGO and business engagement)
• Skills based volunteering/corporate expertise
For more information on how to become part of the Working Group Committee or to attend the forum, please contact Gerald McSwiggan.