The S&P Global Foundation Board of Directors approved an initial USD $2 million pool of funds, to be put toward grants for nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) focused on supporting food scarcity, medical supplies and broad COVID-19 response. The companies support for these areas aligns with concerns raised by its people and local site leaders, as well as critical needs in key operating locations for its business.
S&P's first wave of grants will support the following NGOs:
- UNICEF COVID-19 Fund, for prevention education and hand washing supplies, medical supplies, and support for vulnerable children and families around the world
- Direct Relief, for protective gear and medical supplies in communities globally that are highly impacted by COVID-19
- Feeding America COVID-19 Response Fund, to ensure that food banks across the United States are able to meet the needs of hungry children, low-income families and individuals in need
- Food Bank of New York City COVID-19 Readiness Response, to provide food to children and low-income families and individuals across all five boroughs of New York City
- Give2Asia, to provide critical medical supplies to high-need communities in China