Corporate Delegation Trip to Butte County, CA
The U.S. Chamber Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center (CCC)’s Disaster Preparedness, Response, and Recovery program will be hosting a delegation trip to Northern California on June 5 and 6. The delegation will meet with state recovery leaders as well as visit local communities affected by the 2018 Butte Fire.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the recovery efforts underway and challenges moving forward, as well as identify areas where the private sector can partner with humanitarian organizations and local officials to help aid long-term recovery.
Further information is forthcoming, but in the meantime, please find a brief summary of what we anticipate for our agenda:
- Delegation members will be responsible for arranging flights to and from Sacramento arriving on the afternoon of June 4 or early morning on June 5 and flying out on June 7. Hotel accommodations should be made in Sacramento checking in on June 4 or 5 and checking out on June 7.
- CCC will provide a hotel recommendation for Sacramento in the near future.
- On June 5, the delegation will spend the day in Sacramento meeting with state officials and state associations who are helping with the long-term recovery planning.
- On the morning of the 6th, the delegation will depart Sacramento to visit the devastation in Paradise, as well as Chico, CA where most of the population has been displaced and where the community organizations are currently working. We will meet with a number of organizations and local community leaders, each highlighting different challenges and areas of need.
- The current plan is to have dinner in Chico on the evening of the 6th before departing back to Sacramento.