Extreme flooding in Texas over the past few days in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey has damaged homes and businesses, displaced families and individuals, and left at least two fatalities in the region. In the wake of disasters such as these, a multi-sector response effort is critical.
Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center for a coordination call on the flooding crisis in Texas. On the call, hear from companies, NGOs, and multilateral organizations about the situation on the ground, current humanitarian efforts, and what your company can do to help.
Confirmed organizations speaking include:
- Mike Chesterfield, Director, Weather Presentation, The Weather Channel
- Aaron Cox, Vice President, Chamber Relations, Texas Association of Business
- Robert Glenn, Director, Private Sector Division, FEMA, Department of Homeland Security
- Dr. Matt Sitkowski, Coordinating Weather Producer, The Weather Channel
- April Wood, Senior Director, Community Mobilization and Partnerships, American Red Cross
The Help Desk is Here
Was your business impacted by Hurricane Harvey? Are you looking to help in the recovery efforts? The Disaster Help Desk is here to help you. Call (1-888-my-biz-help) or email the Help Desk to receive personalized advice and guidance in navigating the recovery process.