Innovating Solutions to Meet the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
Many individuals, corporations, governments, and nonprofits are asking:
- How can we innovate for a stronger, more vibrant future?
- What’s the role of business in creating a prosperous economy for all?
- How are businesses in the United States responding to the global Sustainable Development Goals and leading the global private sector in solving critical issues?
These questions and many more come up with increasing frequency as global issues like inequality, the opportunity gap, and the need for upskilling increase. The business community in the United States is uniquely positioned to present solutions to these issues because innovation is inherent in the ethos of their corporate structures.
However, they cannot do it alone. More and more, communities are finding that collaboration is critical in developing solutions that create real progress. We have seen the start of action through a number of organizations but it will take a collective effort to change the trajectory. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and Stanley Black & Decker will co-host a breakfast conversation exploring how businesses can use innovation to address the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- 8—promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- 9—build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- 10—reduce inequality within and among countries
We will hear from speakers from U.S. and global companies on how they are using innovation to address societal needs. Together, we will explore ways that businesses can lead in coalition building and innovation to move the needle on important issues.