On September 8, ICW conducted its monthly webinar to discuss investing in and improving early childhood education nationwide. Environments and experiences in these early years are the most influential in the development of a child’s brain. ICW believes that investments in high-quality early learning programs for children from birth to age five yield high returns. In fact, research shows that for every dollar invested today, savings range from $2.50 to as much as $17 in the years ahead.
Participants heard from experts on how high-quality early childhood education programs are promoting the whole child, paying equal attention to his or her cognitive, social, and emotional development, and how the business community can become better engaged.
Date: Wednesday, September 8
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EDT
- Sara D. Watson, senior officer, Pew Center on the States and Director, Partnership for America’s Economic Success
- Allison de la Torre, state policy associate, Pre-K Now
- Elanna Yalow, executive vice president at Knowledge Universe and Vice Chair of Knowledge Learning Corp
- Karen Elzey, vice president, Institute for a Competitive Workforce
- "The Case for Pre-K in Education Reform: A Summary of Program Evaluation Findings" Pre-K Now, Pew Center on the States