Achieving Energy and Water Security: Scalable Solutions from the Private Sector
What are the most pressing energy and water problems facing society? How is the private sector addressing these challenges?
These questions and more are the focus of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center publication, Achieving Energy and Water Security: Scalable Solutions from the Private Sector. Featuring more than 25 business success stories, the report shows how companies solve energy and water challenges in their operations and supply chains.
Listen to the Webinar with GreenBiz from March 25 to learn more about the report!
Energy and water are essential for economic development, food production, and global security. However, rapid population growth, an increasingly prosperous middle class, urbanization, changes in climate, and demographic shifts from rural to urban centers are putting increasing pressures on our limited energy and water resources. According to the United Nations, by 2030 the world will need at least 30% more water, 45% more energy, and 50% more food. The private sector, as a significant user of energy and water, has a critical role to play in successfully addressing these challenges toward ensuring a more secure and prosperous energy and water future.
The good news is many forward-thinking companies are leading the way in solving energy and water challenges through greater efficiencies and conservation, new tools,
technologies, and innovation, and strategic partnerships.
Access the full report to learn how the private sector leverages new technologies, innovation, partnerships, and other approaches to help achieve greater energy and water security. The report features best practices from leading companies including FedEx, Shell, Ford, Microsoft, Office Depot, and more.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation: Business Leaders Committed to Solving Energy and Water Challenges
- MGM Resorts International: MGM Resorts International and Regulatory Agencies Work Together toward Greener Solutions in Las Vegas
- Alcoa: Innovative Wastewater Treatment System Conserves Water and Saves Money
- The Dow Chemical Company: Dow Enables Energy and Water Savings with Public-Private Partnership
- FedEx: Fuel Sense: Every Drop Counts
- HP: HP.com Puts HP Moonshot to the Test
- Caesars Entertainment: Caesars Lightens Its Load on the Planet
- Hilex Poly: Bag-2-Bag Recycling: Exploring the Advantages of Closed Loop Recycling
- DSM: Public-Private Partnerships Improve American Competitiveness and Profitability
- Anheuser-Busch: Environmental Sustainability and the Anheuser-Busch Fairfield Brewery
- IBM: How IBM Helps Wind Power Pick up Momentum
- Veolia North America: Veolia Measures the True Cost of Water
Release Date: March 2014