23 Businesses Recognized for Excellence in Corporate Citizenship
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation today named the finalists for the 2015 Corporate Citizenship Awards. For the 16th year, the awards will honor businesses and chambers of commerce from around the world for positive social and community initiatives.
“The U.S. Chamber Foundation understands that business is a powerful force for good around the world,” said Marc DeCourcey, vice president of the U.S. Chamber Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center. “This year’s finalists make the world a better place and we are pleased to showcase their work.”
Awards will be presented in eight categories:
- Best Corporate Steward – Large Business finalists: Ecolab, Inc., IBM Corporation, and Intel Corporation.
- Best Corporate Steward – Small and Middle-Market Business finalists: Discovery Education and Reserveage Nutrition.
- Best Commitment to Education Program finalists: Accenture, EY, and GE Foundation.
- Best Community Improvement Program finalists: Benjamin Moore & Co., Citi Foundation, and Hormel Foods.
- Best Disaster Response & Community Resilience finalists: Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce, Las Vegas Sands Corporation, and UPS.
- Best Economic Empowerment Program finalists: DSM, Goldman Sachs, and Kate Spade & Company.
- Best Environmental Stewardship Program finalists: MGM Resorts International, Shell Oil Company, and Time Warner Cable.
- Best Health and Wellness Program finalists: Anthem Inc., PepsiCo, and Xylem Inc.
Winners in each category will be selected by a panel of corporate citizenship and business leaders, and will be named during a gala on October 6 in Washington, D.C.
More information about the awards and finalists is available on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s website.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation is dedicated to strengthening America’s long-term competitiveness and educating the public on how the free enterprise system improves society and the economy.
The U.S .Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.