ABOUT PATH FORWARD
America is restarting the economy after a lengthy shutdown. The effort to bring millions of people back to work brings lots of big, complicated questions.
Path Forward, a series produced by the U.S. Chamber Foundation, is designed to help business and community leaders find the answers they need to execute a responsible reopening strategy and plan for a post-pandemic world.
How do we protect employees and customers from the coronavirus? What are some of the barriers to a successful reopening of the economy? Where can my staff get COVID-19 tests? Masks? Gloves? Who’s going to pay for all this? Each episode features conversations between the U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Suzanne Clark and experts with practical recommendations for businesses of all sizes.
We are proud to share that our Path Forward series won four Telly Awards – the world’s largest honor for video and television content across all screens. Since April 2020, we’ve hosted more than 40 Path Forward episodes, featuring conversations with some of the most influential names shaping the global and national COVID response.
For more insights and learnings from the Path Forward series, check out the video interviews below:
- Bill and Melinda Gates discussed when to expect a COVID-19 vaccine and what the Gates Foundation is doing to ensure it’s equitably distributed around the world.
- “To have a healthy community, you need a healthy business community,” explained Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases, in a discussion of what we can do to prevent the spread of the virus.
- “Testing is the key” to return to a more normal economy, said James Bullard, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis.
- Ret. Navy Vice Admiral Dr. Raquel Bono, director of Washington State COVID-19 Health System Response Management, talked about the role businesses can play in testing and contact tracing efforts.
- Rich Thau, president of Engagious, looked at how consumers changed their behaviors and attitudes during the pandemic.
- Harvard University’s Dr. Joseph Allen discussed how building and office design plays an important role in mitigating virus spread.
- Jeroen Lokerse of Cushman & Wakefield discussed the “Six Feet Office” design concept and what this new workplace could look like.
- Dr. Margaret Hamburg, former FDA Commissioner, discussed how to make schools and childcare centers safer.
- Rick Cotton, Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, explained what his organization did to protect his employees while continuing to operate.
- Rodney McMullen, CEO of Kroger, explained what Kroger grocery stores did to ensure safety for customers and employees.
May 21, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: Public Health
May 20, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: COVID-19 Vaccines
May 19, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: Contact Tracing
April 8, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: Public Health
April 7, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: Personal Health
April 6, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: COVID-19 Testing
April 5, 2021
PATH FORWARD: Ask Me Anything: Legal Questions
March 17, 2021
Disease X: Are We Prepared for the Next Pandemic?
February 17, 2021
COVID-19 Variants: What You Need To Know
February 3, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout at the State Level
January 6, 2021
Operation Warp Speed
December 17, 2020
October 22, 2020
Flu Shots, Masks, and COVID-19 Testing
October 8, 2020
COVID-19 and the Vaccine Supply Chain
September 17, 2020
Special Edition: A Conversation with Surgeon General Jerome Adams
August 27, 2020
COVID-19 and the Future of Travel
August 13, 2020
COVID-19 and the Reopening of K-12 Schools
July 30, 2020
COVID-19 and the Future of Work
July 24, 2020
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines
July 13, 2020
Lessons Learned from Companies on the Ground
June 16, 2020
Coronavirus and Children
April 30, 2020
Deep Dive: How is the Pandemic Influencing Consumers?
April 27, 2020
Transportation: Overcoming Barriers for Return to Work
April 23, 2020
Masks, Temperature Scanners, and More
April 20, 2020
Childcare: Overcoming Barriers for Return to Work
April 16, 2020
Deep Dive: Testing
April 13, 2020
Big Picture: Road Map to Reopening
Path Forward will be broadcast every Wednesday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST. After completing your registration, you will receive an email with a link. On the day of the event, simply click on the link provided to join the program.