U.S. Chamber Foundation Announces Citizens Awards Finalists
Awards Recognize Excellence in Corporate Citizenship
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation today named the 24 finalists for the 2016 Corporate Citizenship Awards. For the 17th year, and with media partner The Wall Street Journal, the awards will honor businesses and chambers of commerce from around the world for positive social and community initiatives.
“On a daily basis, businesses serve as a powerful force for good around the world,” said Carolyn Cawley, president of the U.S. Chamber Foundation. “This year’s finalists show the multitude of ways businesses engage in their community as well as the significant, sustainable impact of the private sector.”
Awards will be presented in eight categories for which finalists are listed below:
- Best Corporate Steward – Large Business Finalists: Cargill, Citi, and GSK
- Best Corporate Steward – Small and Middle-Market Business Finalists: Blackbaud, Inc., The Kane Company, and Network for Good
- Best Commitment to Education Program Finalists: General Motors, Lockheed Martin, and Microsoft Philanthropies
- Best Community Improvement Program Finalists: D.C. United, The Dow Chemical Company, and The Wonderful Company
- Best Disaster Response and Community Resilience Finalists: Airbnb, FedEx, and Qualcomm Wireless Reach
- Best Economic Empowerment Program Finalists: The Allstate Foundation, PIMCO, Walmart
- Best Environmental Stewardship Program Finalists: JetBlue Airways, MillerCoors, and Optoro
- Best Health and Wellness Program Finalists: AstraZeneca, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), and Health Care Service Corporation
This year, The Wall Street Journal will join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation as media partner for the 17th annual Corporate Citizenship Awards and Corporate Citizenship Conference on November 16 - 17, 2016 in Washington, D.C. Winners in each category will be selected by a panel of corporate citizenship and business leaders, and will be named during a gala on November 17.
More information about the awards and finalists is available on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s website.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation is dedicated to strengthening America’s long-term competitiveness. We educate the public on the conditions necessary for business and communities to thrive, how business positively impacts communities, and emerging issues and creative solutions that will shape the future.
The U.S .Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.