Chevron has a long history of supporting communities, particularly in times of need by contributing to crisis response and relief efforts. Across the company, Chevron has committed approximately $12 million to COVID-19 relief efforts in countries and communities where the company operates, making both financial and in-kind donations to food banks, education and health services.
- Chevron has donated $500,000 to DonorsChoose’s Keep Kids Learning initiative that provides teachers across the U.S. in highest-need schools with grants to purchase essential remote-learning supplies for students.
- Chevron donated to food banks in California, Colorado, New Mexico, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia to support the distribution of emergency food. For example, the company has donated $430,000 to food banks in California and Texas; and $70,000 to the United Way in New Mexico.
- In its home state of California, Chevron donated 100,000 surgical masks to local hospitals.
- Chevron-funded Fab Labs are aiming to produce over 20,000 face shields and masks for hospitals, nursing homes and first responders.
- The company has given to efforts to support coordinated community relief efforts, including the Greater Houston COVID-19 Recovery Fund in Texas and the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce in Mississippi.
- The company donated $1 million in Chevron and Texaco gift cards to first responders and food banks in the communities it serves as part of more than $12 million Chevron has committed around the world to COVID-19 response efforts.
- Chevron will match qualifying donations 2-1 up to $2 million made by employees and retirees to nonprofits in the United States.
Chevron has allocated $150,000 to provide personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical and healthcare teams, hand sanitizers, N95 masks, isolation rooms for local hospitals and other items to support the government and community response to COVID-19 in Riau and Jakarta in Indonesia. Chevron Indonesia employees and associations also have voluntarily provided donations in these areas. Chevron received appreciation from the Governor of Riau for the assistance. Chevron will continue to provide assistance through the COVID-19 Task Force in Riau province to ensure coordination and targeted distribution.