Chevron has a long history of supporting communities, particularly in times of need by contributing to crisis response and relief efforts. Across the company, Chevron has committed approximately $12 million to COVID-19 relief efforts in countries and communities where the company operates, making both financial and in-kind donations to food banks, education and health services.
- Chevron has donated $500,000 to DonorsChoose’s Keep Kids Learning initiative that provides teachers across the U.S. in highest-need schools with grants to purchase essential remote-learning supplies for students.
- Chevron donated to food banks in California, Colorado, New Mexico, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia to support the distribution of emergency food. For example, the company has donated $430,000 to food banks in California and Texas; and $70,000 to the United Way in New Mexico.
- In its home state of California, Chevron donated 100,000 surgical masks to local hospitals.
- Chevron-funded Fab Labs are aiming to produce over 20,000 face shields and masks for hospitals, nursing homes and first responders.
- The company has given to efforts to support coordinated community relief efforts, including the Greater Houston COVID-19 Recovery Fund in Texas and the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce in Mississippi.
- The company donated $1 million in Chevron and Texaco gift cards to first responders and food banks in the communities it serves as part of more than $12 million Chevron has committed around the world to COVID-19 response efforts.
- Chevron will match qualifying donations 2-1 up to $2 million made by employees and retirees to nonprofits in the United States.