Lewis C. Horne is the President of the Greater Los Angeles-Orange County Region for CBRE, Inc., the leading provider of commercial real estate services globally.
Mr. Horne is responsible for the strategic direction and performance of the firm’s eight regional offices, and oversees a 15-person management team to ensure excellence in client service across all CBRE business segments. Under his leadership, the region has grown to include nearly 1,200 employees with diverse expertise spanning the firm’s primary service lines and all specialty practices.
Mr. Horne and his leadership team support all regional professionals as they manage more than 80 million square feet of commercial properties and annually complete over 12,000 sale and lease transactions, 500 financial consulting assignments, and thousands of appraisals.
Mr. Horne is passionate about collaboration in service delivery, and actively promotes the integration of multiple disciplines to ensure well-conceived, strategic solutions for complex client assignments. He is partnering with CBRE’s Workplace Strategy group to better align the regional offices with this goal, beginning with the transformation of the firm’s global headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles. Together they are creating innovative work environments with cutting-edge technology to attract and retain top talent and better meet client needs.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Horne held a variety of leadership positions in the company, beginning as an industrial brokerage professional in 1984 and quickly growing to become one of the top 3% of brokerage professionals company-wide. He then moved into a management position, and has successfully grown his career in CBRE leadership for nearly 25 years.
- L.A. County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC), Board Chairman
- CBRE Americas Operating Management Board (AOMB), Board Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Los Angeles, Executive Board of Directors
- ULI Mixed-Use Council (Silver Flight), Board Member
- Catholic Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Co-Chairman
Awards & Achievements
- Led CBRE Los Angeles Strategic Office Transformation Initiative (2012-2014)
- Created and led CBRE’s U.S. Client Care & Development Initiative (2012)
- Manager Innovation Award (2010, 2013)
- Manager of the Year Award, Nationwide (2003)
- Women's Network, Endurance of Spirit Award (2003)
- Benjamin Arthur Banker Educational Excellence Award (2001, 2002)
- James J. Didion Leadership Award (1999, 2000)
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Science in Business