Sean has a wealth of knowledge as Director, Program Manager, Operations Analyst, Nonprofit Manager, and HR Consultant with The Home Depot Foundation, Habitat for Humanity International, Alorica Inc., First Data Corporation and the United States Army.
In the course of his career, Sean has acquired extensive skills in leadership development, personnel management, staff development, Army component policy development, talent acquisition and retention, counseling, training, mentoring and coaching. As a senior leader in the Army, Sean performed leadership duties stateside and abroad. His overseas assignments included Korea, Haiti, Egypt & Iraq. In 2011, Sean retired from the Army.
Sean’s transition to the civilian workforce began as a Human Resources Program Manager with First Data Corporation as a part of Global Talent Acquisition Center providing a client focused, energetic, innovative, and results oriented partnership. He developed and managed internal and external Employment Programs.
Sean joined Habitat for Humanity International as the Associate Director, Veterans Build where he worked on homeownership, critical home repairs, employment and volunteer engagement opportunities to US Veterans, military service members and their families. Currently he is Manager, Grant Programs and Strategic Partnerships with The Home Depot Foundation.
Within this role, Sean;
- Develops and guides the strategy for program grants and implementing the Foundation programs, which include Catastrophically Wounded Veterans/Aging in Place/Disaster Response initiative;
- Actively initiates, develops and maintains significant partnerships with nonprofit organizations to implement and execute the Foundation programs and initiatives.
- Manages the grants process for major philanthropy program, including setting the criteria for grants, identifying and assessing nonprofit organizations, evaluating grant proposals, and evaluating the outcome of grant relationships.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports out on program outcomes and the progress of program goals on social impacts. Responsible for proper fiscal management of program budgeted funds. Collaborate with non-profits and internal communications organization to amplify the Foundation message and social impact with external and internal audiences.
- Collaborates with corporate volunteerism organization to integrate volunteerism into grant relationships to drive associate engagement.
- Provides guidance and partnership to arrange volunteer opportunities with non-profits for associates at the Company headquarters in the Atlanta area
Sean graduated Cum Laude with a degree in Business with an emphasis in Management from Columbia College. Master’s Degree of Public Administration from the University of Georgia.