Jim Kolar has over 31 years experience at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) serving primarily as a tax partner in the Financial Services Practice. He began his career in Baltimore and has been based in our San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Orange County, Minneapolis, and Chicago offices. Jim has served as the Managing Partner in Orange County from 2005-2007, Market Managing Partner in Minneapolis from 2007-13, and in June 2013 transferred into his current role as the Central Market Managing Partner which includes responsibility for our Chicago, Des Moines, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Peoria, and St. Louis offices. Jim was re-elected to PwC’s Board of Partners and Principals in January 2017, and is serving a second 4-year term through June 30, 2021. Jim has served on the Firm’s Extended Leadership Team since 2003.
Jim has a broad range of tax and business experience with corporations, partnerships and joint ventures in the Financial Services Asset Management sector with a focus on structuring, financial product taxation and federal, state, local and international tax compliance and consulting. Jim has served clients across the country in his 31 years with PwC located in our Baltimore, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego and Milwaukee offices.
Jim is active in the Chicago community as well as participates on various other boards.
- Big Shoulders Fund, Board Member
- Chicago United, Board Member
- Chicago Urban League, Board Member
- The Commercial Club of Chicago, Member and
- Civic Committee Member
- The Economic Club of Chicago, Finance Committee Member
- Executives’ Club of Chicago, Board Member
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, Board Member, Audit Committee Member and Campaign Cabinet Member Tocqueville Society Committee Member
- World Business Chicago, Board Member, Executive Committee Member and Finance Committee Chair
- St. Thomas Academy, Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- University of St. Thomas, Catholic Studies Advisory Board
- Treehouse – Treasurer and Board Member